Incredible and fun facts to explore

90 Percent facts

While investigating facts about 90 Percent, I found out little known, but curios details like:

In a Johns Hopkins Survey, 90 percent of doctors said they'd rather die by cardiac arrest than be resuscitated. Only a quarter of the public feels the same way.

The Department of Homeland Security ran a experiment to see if government employees and contractors would use CDs and USB drives they secretly dropped in parking lots where they worked. 60 percent of the time they did, with that figure jumping to 90 percent when an official logo was visible.

In my opinion, it is useful to put together a list of the most interesting details from trusted sources that I've come across. Here are 50 of the best facts about 90 Percent I managed to collect.

  1. An MIT professor found such a strong correlation between essay length and SAT score that "if you just graded them based on length without ever reading them, you'd be right over 90 percent of the time."

  2. The 1 Percent Rule. This rule states that only 1% of an internet community creates new content. The rest of the community is divided between content editors (9%) and content viewers (90%).

  3. More than 90 percent of the monarch butterfly population has vanished in the last 25 years.

  4. 90 percent of women reported that marijuana increased feelings of sexual pleasure

  5. Opossums will destroy some 90 percent of all the ticks they encounter.

  6. An estimated that 90 percent of the body's serotonin is made in the digestive tract

  7. Former President of Uruguay, José Mujica, was considered the poorest president in the world and would donate 90 percent of his $12,000 monthly salary to charities and would even wait his turn at public hospitals.

  8. More than 90 percent of American films made before 1929 are lost

  9. Over the objections of their supervisors and colleagues, Dr. Emil Freireich and Dr. Emil Frei tackled children's Leukemia with combination chemotherapy with four different kind of drugs. Today, the cure rate for this form of cancer is more than 90 percent.

  10. Nearly 90 percent of patients who had ‘penicillin allergy’ listed on their medical charts were found to actually have no such allergy at all.

90 percent facts
What are the best facts about 90 Percent?

What is true about 90 percent?

You can easily fact check it by examining the linked well-known sources.

1969, 90 percent of all children walked to school, as schools were part of complete neighborhoods, but in 2002 only 31 percent walked to school due to the impact of sprawl

Of the approximately 1.7 million interracial crimes committed in the U.S. each year, 90 percent are committed by blacks against whites. - source

The claim that North Korea could kill 90 percent of the American people with an EMP attack was taken from a science fiction novel. - source

90 percent of the world's people live in the Northern Hemisphere.

About seven in 10 wealthy families lose their fortune by the second generation and by the third generation, that number has jumped to 90 percent. - source

Between 90 and 95 percent of meteors that approach Earth burn up in our atmosphere. The asteroid that entered Earth's atmosphere in 2013 over Russia broke 15 miles above the ground and generated a shock wave equivalent to a 500-kiloton explosion

90% of people with the last name "Washington" are black according to the 2000 US census. Of the remaining ten percent, 50% are white, and 30% are mixed race.

A study in Australia found that using roundabouts instead of stop signs/signals resulted in a 75 percent reduction in injury collisions, a 90 percent reduction in fatality collisions, and when long term costs were considered cost around the same.

Moments before taking office, Brazillian president Itamar Franco handed senators a piece of paper on which he had listed his personal net worth and properties. A popular president, his approval rating reached 60 percent and it soared to nearly 80–90 percent at end of term

90 percent of the U.S. population lives within 15 minutes of a Wal-Mart.

That, according to a 2017 study sponsored by dating app Plenty of Fish, 90 percent of singles would rather talk all night on a first date than have sex.

Interesting facts about 90 percent

Jose Mujica, former president of Uruguay and known as "the world's 'humblest' president" due to his austere lifestyle and his donation of around 90 percent of his $12,000 monthly salary

In 1983, 50 companies owned 90 percent of the media consumed by Americans. By 2012, just six companies — including Fox (then part of News Corporation) and Time Warner — controlled that 90 percent

In 1790 approximately 90 percent of the U.S labor force were farmers. By 1990 it was 2.6 percent.

Labor costs account for about 10 percent of the cost of producing a new car; the remaining 90 percent includes research and development, parts, advertising, marketing and management overhead.

About trophic levels and the "ten percent" law, which holds that for each step up the food chain you go, you lose 90% of the efficiency of the previous level, meaning herbivores consume 10% of the energy produced by plants and apex predators only consume .01%

If the U.S. sustained a direct hit from an X-class solar flare, it would cost the nation upward of $2 trillion in the first year and kill up to 90 percent of the U.S. population due to the lack of services, starvation and disease

Trilobites were made extinct approximately 250 million years ago when 90 percent of all of the species on earth were wiped out. This event is referred to as the "Great Dying", or "Permian Extinction". It is not known whether it was an exploding supernova or volcanic eruption that caused the event.

Americans throw away 40 percent of their food supply—that's enough food to fill the 90,000-seat Rose Bowl stadium every day.

United States made 98 percent of its shoes in 1960s. It now imports more than 90 percent of its footwear.

90 percent of all calories consumed worldwide come from just 15 crops

About 90 percent of people are right-handed. The remaining 10 percent are either left-handed or some degree of ambidextrous, though people with "true" ambidexterity—i.e., no dominant hand at all—only make up about 1 percent of the population.

American women started shaving their armpits in 1915 because of advertisements in Harper's Bazaar fashion magazine encouraging them to; and now between 80 and 90 percent of women shave their "objectionable hair."

Scientists have taken the eggs of brine shrimp to outer space to test the impact of radiation on life and 90 percent of the embryos died when hatched

By 1939, over 90 percent of German children were part of the Hitler Youth. They had been so taken by Nazi Propaganda that they readily went to war. In 1943, all men over the age of 17 were conscripted. By 1945, even younger children were being conscripted-if they refused, they were executed.

By 1970, more than 90 percent of the Chinese born in Thailand had abandoned Chinese citizenship and were granted Thai citizenship instead.

Yakutia is the source of 90 percent of the world’s supply of mammoth ivory. Last year, 80 tonnes of fossilized mammoth ivory was gathered in the region. Legislation forbids digging down to excavate frozen mammoths but a permit can be bought to gather mammoth remains from the surface

90 percent of the vitamin (C) consumed by Americans is artificially manufactured in China.

Women account for nearly 90 percent of all plastic surgeries, or approximately 9.1 million surgeries yearly. This number is up 252 percent since 1997

About 90 percent of individuals struck by lightning survive

California accounts for nearly 90 percent of all American wine production. The production of wine in California alone is about 33% larger than that of Australia. If California were a separate country, it would be the world's fourth largest wine producer.

This is our collection of basic interesting facts about 90 Percent. The fact lists are intended for research in school, for college students or just to feed your brain with new realities. Possible use cases are in quizzes, differences, riddles, homework facts legend, cover facts, and many more. Whatever your case, learn the truth of the matter why is 90 Percent so important!

Editor Veselin Nedev Editor